What data do we collect?
Flatbike collects the following data:
- Anonymous IP addresses, for the purpose of identifying web traffic trends.
- Order-specific IP addresses, for the purpose of weeding out fraudulent transactions.
- Time-on-site and bounce rates, for the purpose of developing more useful content and more accurate promotions to reach individuals who value that content.
- E-mail addresses of anyone who corresponds with the company, for the purposes of communication in a monthly newsletter about new products, add-ons to existing products, and feedback/guidance from other Flatbike customers.
- Action-specific newsletter click information, for the purpose of sharing more useful information.
- NOT COLLECTED: Financial data. All credit card data is routed through our payment processor and never enters our site. This safeguards your transactions.
How do we collect your data?
Personal data comes into Flatbike from a variety of sources:
- Website visitors signing up for the monthly newsletter
- Bike show or social media visitors entering contests for discounted or free Flatbike items
- Newsletter readers clicking on links in the monthly newsletter
- Send messages to us, by e-mail or the website contact form
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products or usage guidance we think you might like (monthly only). We never share your e-mail address with partners; we consider the practice of selling-mail addresses to be an abuse of trust.
- Share reminder advertising for items you may have looked at but not yet purchased.
How do we store your data?
Your personal data is maintained in several locations:
- Ordering history, without financial data, is in our website.
- Your e-mail address is in our mailing list program, segmented by interest
- Your click history is anonymized and stored in our mailing list program.
- Your credit card financial data is stored at the payment processor. Flatbike has historical access to this data for returns-processing, but not for additional orders.
Every e-mail from Flatbike has an opt-out link for future communication. In addition, e-mail addresses with no known activity (opens or clicks) are periodically removed from the mailing list to keep it focused on those with an active interest in Flatbike.
What are your data protection rights?
Flatbike would like to make sure you are fully aware of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Flatbike correct any information you believe is inaccurate.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Flatbike erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Flatbike restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Flatbike’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Flatbike transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have two weeks to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit http://allaboutcookies.org
- Understanding how or website works or needs to work better for visitors.
- Reminding you later of any purchases you may have considered on our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
- Functionality – Flatbike may use these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Flatbike uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com