Armour Tire Insert
Protect your MTB tubes from punctures and impacts
(Free shipping in the U.S. and Canada)
Polymer insert for mountain bike tires
When you’re out on a mountain bike, you’re often way out. Worst time ever for a flat. And yet, from blackberry thickets to random goathead thorns, that’s when you’re more likely than ever to get punctures.
One common way to deal with this risk is to ride tubeless, fill your tires with goo, and keep that fresh and functional over time. But Tannus Armour does the opposite, keeping your tube while adding a liner that virtually eliminates tire maintenance.
A 16mm insert of lightweight polymer sits between your tire and your tube. Set it and forget it. Any thorns go into this material with zero effect, and not into your tube. Here are the advantages of that approach:
- Increased grip. Run at lower pressures for increased grip in wet conditions and loose rock.
- No pinch flats. Armour protects your tubes against self-puncture at low tire pressures.
- Increased comfort. Armour absorbs vibrations for a smoother, more comfortable ride.
- Run-flat. If you do ever get a flat, you can still ride on it, with Armour protecting your rims from damage.
- Lighter tires. When your puncture protection shifts to your insert, you are freed to choose lighter, thinner tires.
Each order is for one Armour insert.
From Pro Downhill Rider Danny Vieira: “On the off camber and corners the grip is just endless. You can trust a lot more. And you don’t need to worry about the tyre burping in corners.”
NOTE #1 FOR CANADIAN CUSTOMERS: This price is in US Dollars. Your package will be shipped for free within a business day after order, but actual delivery time is dependent upon UPS and your responsiveness to the customs e-mail. We cannot control either factor.
NOTE #2: Anyone who buys Tannus Armour with a new CHANGE 812 folding mountain bike will get it installed before shipping, free of charge.